Procurement is a competitive tool that can make or break a company’s ability to win in the marketplace; one of the most difficult challenges in aligning the supply chain is to determine the value required from the supply base, in terms of capabilities, to provide the desired end customer value, as the procurement function is positioned furthest upstream from the customer. Therefore, the relative costs and benefits associated with different procurement and supply management decisions need to be determined to ensure alignment with the overall value creation strategy.
- Basic Purchasing and Supply Management Basics.
- How Purchasing Contributes to the Supply Chain.
- Procurement Contribution.
- The Evolution of Purchasing.
- The Strategic Procurement Process.
- Supplier Selection, Contract Negotiation, and Supplier Relationship.
- Basic supplier selection process.
- Procurement Analysis.
- PROVEN WAYS TO MEASURE PROCUREMENT PERFORMANCE.